How to Create Glow-in-the-Dark Slime with Art ‘N Glow Glow Powder
Anybody who has been on Instagram or YouTube lately can see the upward trend of DIY slime. Many people don’t understand the internet’s obsession – especially kids’ and teens’ – with slime. The slime trend is sticking around. Now everyone wants to make some slime of their own. The modern version of slime has people hooked. It’s definitely a fun science project for people of all ages.
What is Slime?
Consider slime to be the modern or upgraded version of play dough. Only slime is not used for building or structuring like play dough. Slime is simply something mesmerizing to watch, interact with, and can be a great stress reliever for adults. The possibilities for slime projects are abundant – glow slime, glow rainbow slime, glow slime monsters.
Pick your project.
Slip some slime onto your hands.
Switch off the lights and watch your creation glow.
Learn How to Make Clear Slime:
Here's the Break-Down:
- Pour a 1/3 cup of hot water into a bowl. Parents, make sure to help with hot water.
- Add .65 tsp of Borax to the bowl of hot water. The best way to add .65 teaspoons is to divide the .65 portion into 3 measurements: 2 measurements of 1/4 tsp and one-half measurement of a 1/4 tsp will equal to .65 tsp in total.
- Stir until the borax dissolves.
- Add 2/3 cup of room temperature water.
- Stir one more time!
- The first 5 steps were to create what is called the "activator". This will be added to another mixture and will make the glue turn into slime.
- Next, you will need a 5oz bottle of clear Elmer's Glue. Empty the entire bottle into a SEPARATE bowl.
- Add 1/4 tbsp of water to the glue bowl and mix slowly by folding over the mixture from the bottom to avoid adding bubbles.
- Now add a SMALL AMOUNT of the "activator" mixture. Remember, mix slowly for about a minute by folding over the mixture from the bottom to avoid adding bubbles.
- Add another small amount of the "activator" and mix in the same way.
- Allow the mixture to set for 30 seconds. Then, kneed and repeat this process for a couple of minutes. To kneed, push the slime and lift. Allow the slime to sit, then repeat.
- Once the slime pulls away from the sides, you will be ready for the next step.
- Now that the slime is pulling from the sides, dip your fingers into the "activator" and pick up, stretch, and fold the slime for about a minute.
- Place the slime into a clear tupperware dish for 2-4 days. During this time, the bubbles will disappear and the slime will be clear!
- After a few days, you can remove the slime from the tupperware dish and then add glow powder!
- Mix in about a tsp of fluorescent glow powder and have fun! Add more glow powder as needed to achieve your desired effect.
- Lastly, charge with a UV light or take your slime outside and charge it in the sun.
How to Enjoy Glow-in-the-dark Slime?
Now that you’ve made the slime, it is time to have fun. You can put the slime in a jar and place it at your bedside, let it slip through your fingers or press into it to see the mesmerizing effects. Try taking it out into the sun for a few minutes and then bring it back inside into a dark room. We promise you’ll be blown away by the glow!
Art N’ Glow Glow Powder and Glow Paint
Art N’ Glow is the first provider of glow-in-the-dark paints and supplies designed specifically for fine arts and crafts. Once you’re done making glow in the dark slime, why not try a glowing resin painting, casting, or other fun glow projects? Check out our other guides for more awesome project ideas!
Most importantly, have fun!